Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Halloween & Product Review


I just love halloween. 1 sheet of patterned paper, 1 sheet of cardstock and a few scraps created this layout of 2 of my children.

I couldn't find a suitable sticker or accent for the LO so off to my computer and dafont.com for a halloween font. The tombstones were perfect, I simply printed on a scrap sheet of white and distressed them. The 3g's are extra CTMH alphabet cardstock. I love that they come in white and are true to color when you paint them.

The guy in the top picture (my oldestson) sat on a chair holding a bowl of candy. He'd wait until someone poked him or asked if he was real. Sometimes he just sat there other times he'd jump up and scare the kids. Luckily, he is smart enough not to spook the little ones. The older little ones might poke him and he'd move his arm or hand slowly. If the porch wasn't so dark I would have been able to get a picture or two but we keep it pretty black to help with his costume.

This layout uses a few distressing techniques on the borders. I used the ink pads (CTMH) for the black and some white chalk but my big move was to the new (to me) dabbers that Tim Holtz has out (Ranger).THEY ARE AMAZING! I used the orange after the black. LOVE it! The greatest part to me is the dabbers themselves don't pick up the color. So there is no black on my orange dabber top. To test them I used them on a glass vase. They really stick to the glass even though they are acrylic. It would just take a sealent to protect the image. I'm planning on doing some orange candle holders for the holiday season. I'll post when I do. In the meantime...
Enjoy,

No comments:

Post a Comment