Thursday, October 21, 2010

Snowman card


Here's a cute little card we'll be making in my upcoming card class. It uses one of my favorite items-glitter mist! And another great $$ saver-fingernail polish. The stamp is inkadinkado with added color via stickles. Most of my ink pads are from CTMH but I had to stamp this cute guy with the Ranger Archival Ink. I couldn't figure out why the snowman was smearing when I went over him with the stickles. A trip to my local LSS, a few buck for some more ink and I was good to go. Still learning something every day!

Once you get the hand of spraying the mist it is so fun to use and adds that little bit of "splash or bling" to your project. I used some clear sparkling nail polish to cover the plain snowflake brads. The nail polish being enamel will adhere to the metal brads. I tend to purchase the white or more plain brads and bling them up with my nail polish. Works great!! It also works great in a pinch as a glass paint. Fingernail polish and papercrafting, who knew??

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment